In the previous post I announced that I will speak in “Visualising Your Azure SQL Data Warehouse with Power BI” webinar on 23 Jan 2016. The webinar host was Pass Business Intelligence Virtual Chapter. It was such an amazing experience for me to speak in the webinar and I would like to thank all 105 attendees. The attendees showed their enthusiasm by asking lots of questions during the webinar.
In this webinar I demonstrated:
- How to install Azure SQL DW in Azure Portal
- How to configure firewall settings from Azure Portal and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2016
- How to connect directly from Azure SQL DW to Power BI Service and the other way around
- How to visualise you Azure SQL DW data warehouse data with Power BI Desktop (both Data Import and DirectQuery scenarios)
- Comparing the features of different scenarios that helps you finding the best for your use cases
and much more…
You can see and download the session materials as follows.
Watch Visualising Your Azure SQL Data Warehouse with Power BI on YouTube